Artificial Intelligence is one of the most talked about topics these days. People have always been curious about it, but in November 2022, when a chatbot called ChatGPT was released, everyone started thinking about artificial intelligence anew.
The freelancing sector is not left out of this idea. Many are confused about whether these advanced AI tools will be able to replace freelancers in the near future. In today’s article, I will tell you in detail whether artificial intelligence can really replace freelancers.
Let’s start by giving you a little idea about Artificial Intelligence. Simply put, Artificial Intelligence is an intelligence created using computer science and advanced technology that is similar to human intelligence.
Currently, various machines, tools and chatbots are being developed using this artificial intelligence, among which ChatGPT, GPT 3, GPT 4, or Mid Journey A.I. Now you may ask, what is the difference between a tool designed using artificial intelligence technology and a normal tool. Now I am answering that.
Tools that use artificial intelligence can perform human-like logical analysis in following a command or responding. Therefore, if you see the output that they show, you will think that this output has been given by a human being.
For example: Never mind ChatGPT! Natural language processing model ChatGPT is very popular to get the answer of any question, summary or translation of the text. Because the output that this chatbot provides to users looks like a human response. It is mainly for this reason that there has been a huge debate about whether artificial intelligence can reduce the job opportunities of freelancers.
Can Artificial Intelligence Really Be the Replacement of Freelancers?
If I want to answer this question in one word, then I have to say, no! Artificial intelligence is never capable of replacing freelancers or reducing their job opportunities. Do you know why? No matter how advanced technology each AI tool is developed, it always has some limitations.
First, no matter how powerful artificial intelligence is, it will never be able to extract unique ideas or concepts through critical and in-depth thinking like humans. For example: You can generate text, images and even videos instantly with AI tools, but you cannot generate unique and creative content like humans.
So those who work in the creative sector like graphic design, web design, video editing, can rest assured that no matter how many upgraded versions of artificial intelligence come, it will not have a bad impact on your freelancing career in any way. Because in order to survive in these sectors, the out-of-the-box ideas that have to be generated constantly can only be generated from the human brain.
Secondly, using artificial intelligence has a great chance of content duplication. Also, the validity of the data shown by the AI tools remains in doubt. So those who are freelancing in content writing or research sector, their career is also completely secured. Because no client wants their content to contain plagiarism or anyone to question the validity of the information provided in the content.
Third, AI tools have no originality or uniqueness. Rather, they are designed by intelligent algorithms combining a variety of data. When these tools generate individual responses, those responses are by analyzing the data contained within the tool. So using these tools no new idea or concept creation is ever possible.
You must now understand that there is a huge difference between responding by analyzing data and thinking deeply like a human being to come up with fresh and unique ideas. Therefore, from this point of view, artificial intelligence has failed to beat freelancers.
So it can be said without hesitation, even though artificial intelligence is highly capable in many aspects, it cannot show creativity like humans, nor does it have the ability to make logical judgments in every case like humans. Therefore, artificial intelligence cannot be a replacement for freelancers.
But yes, since there are so many AI tools available today that can make the work of freelancers a lot easier, freelancers can increase their productivity by using different AI tools if they want to. Also, if they can properly take the help of artificial intelligence, then they will be able to manage time more effectively, as well as their work life balance will be correct. How? Let’s find out.
- Freelancers can use a tool called Super Human to simplify the time-consuming task of managing their emails. This will make prioritizing important emails, assigning tasks, daily schedule management, etc. much easier. It will also save a lot of time.
- You can use AI technology based communication tool called Slack to make meetings with clients easier. This tool has various attractive features like: instant messaging, meeting planner etc. which will help a freelancer to communicate properly with the clients as well as stay updated about which client has a meeting and when.
- For freelancing business marketing, you can use Mid Journey AI to generate client images in a short period of time. The specialty of this tool is that it generates images for clients very quickly after inputting some description.
- If you need quick research on a topic, you can take help from the viral chatbot ChatGPT. As the responses generated by this tool are very easy to read, it can be your best friend for research.
- Providing good customer service is one of the most important responsibilities of every freelancer. In this case, conversational AI bots like Microsoft’s Azure bot service can help to provide top notch customer service. By doing this, you can respond quickly to any queries of the clients and it will also increase the satisfaction of the customers many times at the end of the day.
- A little writing is required for marketing or service description of freelancing. You can use Grammarly to check your writing for mistakes and also improve the quality of your writing. Also, if you want to create a content outline, you can use Copy.AI.
- Invoices are always needed to receive payment after providing services to clients. Instead of wasting time designing repeated invoices, freelancers can use an AI tool called Invoice Ninja. Using this tool with a simple user interface will make the task of generating invoices for freelancers much easier.
Finally, if freelancers use tools that use artificial intelligence technology in their various important tasks, then both their productivity and work speed will undoubtedly increase. By doing this they can provide more high quality service to the clients.
As a result of which the satisfaction of the clients will increase, this satisfaction helps a lot to make the career of all freelancers successful. So advice to all, learn to think of AI tools as friends instead of career enemies, you will see that life has become much easier.